Field Study #3
Date and Time: October 13, 6:15
Weather: Cloudy, windy and was raining a little
Air temperature: 52 degrees
Length of Day: 11 hours and 10 minutes, Sunrise- 6:56, Sunset- 6:07
Organisms felt, heard, seen etc: For the short amount of time that I was there today, I noticed there were not a lot of things that I could hear. I noticed that all the green algae that was on top of the pond turned black and was sitting in clumps at the top of the pond. A distance away I could hear a few squirrels climbing up and down the trees to the left of me but other then that didn't hear really anything else.
Change since last visit: Since my last visit, theres a lot more leaves on the ground and in the pond then in a trees. There are almost no more leaves on the trees surrounding the pond. Some of the bushes surrounding the pond are becoming more of a red color then a green and there are a lot less plants growing along side the pond.
Great job! Are you noticing any patterns in the color change or leaf fall! I like that you've noticed about the trees around the pond!
ReplyDelete