Field Study #5

Date and Time: November 14, 5:10

Weather: Cloudy and Cold, with a little rain 

Air temperature: 32 degrees 

Length of Day: 9 hours and 45 minutes, Sunrise - 7:34, Sunset - 5:23 

Organisms felt, heard, seen etc: 

As the days get shorter, I noticed there aren't as many animals present then when I first started my field study. I saw two deer today walking on the path in front of me away from the water. There were a few noises from a few birds in the area but not as much as when I first started doing my field studies. It was very cloudy out so I didn't see any birds or anything in the sky or I didn't see any fish in the pond like I normally did at the beginning when I first started visiting. 

Changes since last visit: 

Now, there are no leaves on the trees and there are not many on the ground either meaning the fall season is close to an end. I noticed that the pond keeps getting darker and it almost looks like its getting dirtier every time I come back to visit. The plants that are around the pond are dead and red and all the algae is black and near the edge of the pond rather then in the middle. There are not a lot of plants in the water at all. 

Awe and Stewardship: 

These past two visits i've noticed that there have been a lot of trash left on the sides of the pond and the pond is looking pretty dark. This could be a reason why most of the plants are dead in the pond and I'm not seeing hardly any fish. I think it's very important for us to take care of our trash and finding alternative ways to take care of the pond in order to promote a healthier environment for the organisms and the organisms living in the pond. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field Study #3