Field Study #6 (pic with me + sketch)

 Date and Time: November 29, 5:00

Weather: Cloudy and cold, no breeze 

Air temperature: 52 degrees

Length of day: 9 hours and 19 minutes, Sunrise - 7:54, Sunset - 5:14

Organisms felt, heard, seen etc. 

Today was pretty quiet. There weren't a lot of organisms heard or seen for the most part. I saw a few frogs hopping along side of the pond which I wasn't expecting since most of the creatures near the pond aren't visible right now. There was also a bird eating something in the tree which looked like to be a worm. I could hear a few birds flying back and forth from tree to tree but for the most part it was pretty quiet. 

Changes since last visit: 

I noticed that some of the dead algae that was towards the middle and side of the pond went away. Almost all the leaves have fallen off the plants and trees which the last time I visited there were still a few leaves on the trees. The grass surrounding the post and off to the left near the parking lot is slowing turning more yellow. I haven't seen as much insects near and around the pond and bees etc. which tells me it's probably too cold for them. Everything seems very dead and Iv'e also noticed that the tree bark is falling off. This makes me wonder if it's from a bird or something else. 

Possible questions I have: What are the main reasons the tree bark falls off?  Why does the black algae seem to move towards the plants? What causes something organisms to be visible during winter (like the frogs) and others not? 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field Study #3